Friday 20 May 2011

Doctor Who Shows What Rejection Feels Like...

The waiting is over. An email sits in your inbox holding a thousand promises:


You open it and read:


image


Was that a rejection? You read it again:

Unsatisfied.
[Doctor Who Gifs]

And the sadness rains down on you:


The hurt kicks in:

image

But you don't quit.

Rejection is part of the process.

No. You send out the next query:




Because next time it might be something that makes you do this:


Never give up.

Happy Friday.

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never give up, never surrender!
Oh wait, that's Galaxy Quest...

Sarah Ahiers said...

well, thanks to alex now i want to watch galaxy quest.
otherwise this post is right on. Except i can usually tell before i read it when it's a rejection just due to the first few words gmail displays. le sigh

Jessica Bell said...

Oh wow. Thank you so much for making me smile! :o)

Jamie Grey said...

Love, Love, Love this!!! Exactly what I needed to see (and of course David Tennant always helps too :)

Stina said...

LOVE IT!!!

prerna pickett said...

Love the use of the Doctor Who gifs! One of my favorite shows, and totally useful in this particular situation.

Title Loans said...

Alex, I thought that was Braveheart, not Galaxy Quest. Or is it both? I don't think I've seen the latter movie since I was twelve, so I could be off. Love the pictures to go with it; so funny! They should accept you based on that.

Sara

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! Great Doctor Who moments :)

I'm Just Sayin said...

haha How wonderful! It really does feel like this. :-)

Sondrae Bennett said...

Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Well said! And well pictured. Like your previous post said, never give up.

I learned that first from someone across the pond from me, a guy by the name of Churchill....:)

Have a great and productive summer!