Wednesday 15 September 2010

Mouse-ka-hey, Mouse-ka-hi, Here We Go...

I don't know if anyone has watched The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but there's a song in it that follows me around ever since I bought the goddaughter a book with it in.

Now she watches the show I have to sing it every time I see her. Trust me, it's not a pretty sound. :)

Mickey sings it when he gets his mouse-ka-tools to work through a challenge:

Mouse-ka-hey, mouse-ka-hi, mouse-ka-ho. Mouse-ka-ready, mouse-ka-set, here we go.

You're a thinker and a stomping workin' through-er. Mouse-ka-me, mouse-ka-you, mouse-ka-doer.

And I realised that these words can be applied to my wip. If I have all my tools ready I can select the right one (be it my outline, a character sheet, brainstorming) and stomp through it.

If a toddler can be taught perseverance so can I. 

I knew watching kids TV would pay off.

Happy Wednesday everyone. :)

17 comments:

Renae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renae said...

Is it bad that I know exactly what song you're talking about? Gotta love kids television for writing songs that stick. I love that you found a way to compare it to the writing process.

Unknown said...

We all need to sing that! Rise to the challenge!

Vicki Rocho said...

Never really got into Mickey as a kid, but my son loves watching the clubhouse! Thanks for the lyrics, I had some of them sooo wrong!

Matthew MacNish said...

Hah! Funny. Happy Wednesday to you too Lindsay!

Stina said...

You're too funny, Lindsay! :D

Theresa Milstein said...

Too funny!

Elana Johnson has gotten lessons from chopped and you've learned from a Mickey Mouse show. There are lessons everywhere. Apparently.

Christina Lee said...

hahahaha how DARE you make me remember that song. My six-year-old has graduated from that show to SpongeBob--I'll sing THAT one to you some time!

Janet Johnson said...

I've seen it once or twice, too! Good words of advice. :)

Danyelle L. said...

*grin* That song drives me nuts. But you're right. We can persevere if we decide to. Great reminder!

Hilary Wagner said...

My daughter Nomi, 2, loves this show and anything to do with Mickey Mouse! We also love the Hot Dog song! That one constantly gets stuck in my head and is now, thanks to your post! Ha, ha!

xoxo -- Hilary

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Watching kids TV is the answer to all the world's problems. :-)

You are simply adorable, and so is your goddaughter.

Happy writing!

Lola Sharp said...

You crack me up! Man, we can turn everything and anything into a writing comparison. :)

Love it.

(I'm not really here. I just had to sneak in for a nanosecond, to say hi. And maybe procrastinate revising. Okay, back to being unplugged. *sneaks back out*)

Hannah said...

I used to watch Mickey mouse club but I do not remember that song. Now I'm going to have to use the youtube and I hates the youtube.

Nicole said...

Never watched it here in NZ :) But heard all about it after the successes of it's kids. And I have the crazy lemur song from Madagascar in my head a lot of the time ;p
'I like to move it move it, i like to move it move'

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Natascha said...

You are so creative. Happy Wednesday back :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

I SO know the song. My girls are big fans of mickey mouse clubhouse. I feel more like winnie the pooh when it comes to writing though- 'think think think' lol :)