Monday 2 May 2011

I Spy a Mystery Agent Contest

The contest is now closed. A huge thanks to all who entered. We've got more Mystery Agent Contests to come though.


Today is the start of another Operation Awesome Mystery Agent Contest. Yep, another agent of brilliance is ready to take your pitched. 

Here are the details:

1. 25 word pitch.

2. Adult fiction or YA, any genre but our Mystery Agent is especially interested in mysteries, thrillers, paranormals, romances and suspense.

3. 50 entries will be accepted.

4. Three finalists will get to submit 30 pages. From those 3 finalists, a grand prize winner will be selected to submit their FULL MANUSCRIPT!

5. Since the grand prize is a full manuscript submission, please (pretty please) only pitch COMPLETED AND POLISHED novels. 

The contest will go live at 8am EST.

Good luck!!!!

19 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Damn! I've only a first draft of an ms. Bugger bugger bum! lol Next time ... xoxo

Stina said...

I'm not ready to pitch my ms, either. Not even sure if I can get it down to 25 words. Hmmm. I know which agent loves to do 25 word pitch contests, but I think he was already a judge in one of your contests. :)

Colene Murphy said...

Really awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Lydia Kang said...

I am so bad at pitches. But it's so great that you guys are doing this!

Matthew MacNish said...

Dang! I need to finish up.

Janet Johnson said...

And rats, mine is MG, but I love what you guys are doing!

Cathy said...

Hey there--

I'm stopping by to give you some awards ...

http://wordsworldandwings.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-awards.html

Great job on the A-Z Challenge.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Lindsay, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

Angela Ackerman said...

Best of luck to everyone who enters--this is a great opportunity for anyone hunting for an agent! :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Christina Lee said...

Whoa--great opportunity! I'll help spread the word!!!

Julie Musil said...

Retweeting now! What a great opportunity!

Anonymous said...

OA is an awesome thing. ;)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Hey cool contest! You guys know how to have the best. There's gonna be one super lucky winner in this. 30 pages is no small thing.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful opportunity. I'm going to hit the tweet button.

SharleneT said...

I don't write mysteries but I wish everyone who's been accepted in the contest the best of luck and look forward to excerpts!

Theresa Milstein said...

I wish everyone luck. Hopefully I can't take advantage of the next mystery contest.

Creepy Query Girl said...

thanks for giving us the heads up on this yesterday!!

M Pax said...

Looks like a wonderful contest. :)

Susan Fields said...

Thanks for the heads up!