Monday 9 January 2012

The Big Bang Theory Query

January is a time where lots of people make a resolution to query that novel. Want to know the emotions that go along with it? The Big Bang Theory can help...

That moment you finally finish your MS:



And you send off the query:

image

When a new message shows up in your inbox:

image

Or the post drops through the door:




The face you make when someone asks you "If you've heard anything yet?"

image

And you have a "I hate waiting" moment:

 



Then you get a new idea:



And the waiting isn't so bad, right?:



Memorised the emotions? Ready for them? Open that query, proofread and hit send. :)

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And just go for it! What's the worst that could happen?

Colene Murphy said...

Bahahaha! I love this post. So. Much. This is perfect!

Sarah Ahiers said...

this is spot on! And it's perfect timing, since i just sent off a new batch of queries!

Anonymous said...

Funny post. It captures the rainbow of emotions involved in querying.

Janet Johnson said...

I'm kindof grateful I'm not at the querying point. So many reasons why. :) Thanks for reminding me!

Stina said...

Yep, you've definitely nailed it for me. I think I've even got the same expressions. LOL

Talli Roland said...

Haha! Love it - and I love The Big Bang Theory. :)

Happy 2012!

prerna pickett said...

wonderful. And so true.

Vicki Rocho said...

I only discovered Big Bang Theory a couple months ago. Makes me laugh out loud every time! So....does that mean querying will make me laugh, too?

ilima said...

I LOVE the big bang theory. Great post!

Annalisa said...

Proofread & hit send!! Thanks for the motivating post. Smiles, Anna

http://helpfulannalisa.wordpress.com