Happy New Year!
My awesome cp, Amparo did a post about what she learnt in 2010. Check it out here. So I thought I'd totally steal, I mean, do something similar.
2010 was awesome. Why?
1. I started to blog. The writing community are the most supportive, helpful, amazing group of people in the world. This journey is so much easier with good travelling companions like you.
2. I finished my new wip in October last year. I also rough planned 2 other projects. Those are on the agenda for this year.
3. My crit buddies are awesome.
4. My beta, Renae, is awesome.
5. Starting up Operation Awesome.
There has been lots of other amazing things in 2010, but I'd be listing them for ages. Now it's time to focus on the future.
1. Michelle McLean publishes her first non-fiction book, Homework Helpers: Essays & Term Papers. I can't wait for this. Not only is Michelle a talented writer, but she's also one of my crit buddies. She'll be stopping here on her blog tour soon.
2. The second WriteOnCon.
3. More Operation Awesome Mystery Agent contests. Last year one of the runners up signed with Mandy Hubbard. I hope this year brings more success stories like this.
4. The paperback release of Talli Roland's The Hating Game. If you haven't read the eBook version yet, go get it. if you have, buy it anyway. You NEED a physical copy.
5. New books. There are so many to list, but two I'm excited for are Possession by Elana Johnson, and Across the Universe by Beth Revis.
6. Movies. Harry Potter TDH Part 2. and Breaking Dawn: Part 1 are both released this year. I have a feeling HP will be epic, but Breaking Dawn has me worried. Fingers crossed it follows the trend of the movies getting better as the series goes on.
7. More blogging. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year has in store for all of us. Fingers crossed for agents and book deals all round.
Is there anything you are looking forward to in 2011?