Tuesday 7 December 2010

Cake Days

So I'm posting a smidgen later than usual today, but I promise I was being creative. How? I was baking.

Since both of my closest friends had their little ones in December (a week after each other!), the beginning of the month is spent looking for birthday presents and cake making.

The first birthday is on Friday. This year the niece asked for Pepper Pig. For those who haven't seen it, Pepper Pig is a UK cartoon aimed at toddlers where Pepper learns about different things (today was hiccups). It's very hard for me resist the niece. Heck, they both have me wrapped around their little fingers! So I spent two hours tonight decorating this:



Cake number two will be made next week for the goddaughter. Last year I made her Spongebob Squarepants. She got upset when I cut him. This year she's asked for Mickey Mouse. I predict tears when I slice into that one.

I love making and decorating cakes. For me it is like writing. I have all the ingredients that I bake till ready. Then I get to dress it up in icing and add trimmings. Just like I do when I write. Only I get to help eat the results of this creative endeavour. Good times!

And in other news my books and DVD came this afternoon. Happy times.

12 comments:

Demitria said...

What a cute cake!

Amparo Ortiz said...

That's it. I am MOVING IN with you! Cake + Your WIP = heaven :D


Yay for the books and DVD!! Zero points for snow!!!

Jaydee Morgan said...

You did an amazing job - good luck with Mickey!

Shannon said...

This is AMAZING! I am so impressed! =)

Vicki Rocho said...

FANTASTIC cake! I've actually seen that cartoon! They play it on Nick Jr. Love the way they snort all the time. hahahah

Colene Murphy said...

Hi! SO cute!!

Susan Fields said...

I love getting new books and DVDs! I also love decorating cakes. You're right, it's a lot like writing except that you get to eat your creation when its finished - great point!

Unknown said...

Multi-talented!

Anonymous said...

Pepper Pig is a hit here in Canada as well. Very cute!

Kristin Miller said...

Beautiful cake! You're very talented! :)

Carol Riggs said...

Way cute cake! See, you don't have to be writing to be creative. :o)

Hannah said...

A friend of mine made me a King Tut bday cake once. It was full of win and chocolate!