Wednesday 15 December 2010

A Few Things...

Today I'm waiting for the first stage of the goddaughter's Mickey Mouse cake to bake. The face is ready, but the ears are still in the oven. Then I shall construct his face with icing. Yes, my life is weird. :)

First. Today is the last day to enter my contest to win a UK paperback copy of Matched by Ally Condie. And, because it is almost Christmas (and I'm feeling festive), I have decided to give away 2 copies. Yep. Two. So add your name/email address to the Matched contest comments if you'd like to be in the draw.

Second. Apologies if I haven't visited your blog this week. With  hecticness and my Internet connection being a bit of a pain. Fingers crossed that life has slowed/Internet is sorted now. I missed you all.

Third. I'm over on Operation Awesome today. Feel free to pop over and say hi.

So, how are you?

15 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm reading Matched right now, so don't enter me, but this is a great contest. Good luck to all who enter!

Janet Johnson said...

Are you going to post a picture of the cake? How fun!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

I'll just say hi here, too. Hi! What a fun cake! Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Elana Johnson said...

Ooh, cake baking! My daughter's birthday is on Friday, and I'll be doing this very soon also. Good luck with the construction!

The Happy Whisk said...

Cake baking, that's so much fun. Hi I'm a new reader to your blog. Very nice to meet you.

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see the picture of this one! Please post it!

Things are going well. I'm ready to have some time off, though! Counting down the days to x-mas!

Don't enter me in the contest - I've already won a book from you. <3

Sarah Ahiers said...

awww! I want cake!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Are you going to take a picture of the cake for us?

Creepy Query Girl said...

Ooooh, that sounds yummy. I want pics!

Leandra said...

I'm doing great! I'm reading Matched right now and liking it a lot, I'm getting ready to start writing on my WIP, and I'm going to a steak house later tonight. Ah, bliss! =)

Colene Murphy said...

Yes yes! Cake pictures!

Stina said...

Great, now I have a craving for cake!!!

I'm starting Matched tonight. :D

Kristin Rae said...

Cake sounds AWESOME! And thanks for the giveaway reminder! I have to check and make sure I entered.

Christina Lee said...

I'm reading MATCHED too!!

How awesome that you are making that cake-wow!

Tara said...

A homemade Mickey cake? Pictures, please :)