Friday 17 December 2010

Cakes, Interviews And Winners

Yay it's Friday.

First up is an Operation Awesome announcement:

You may have heard of Leah Clifford. Not only is Leah one of the awesome YA Rebels, but she is the author of the forthcoming A Touch Mortal.



Here's the Goodreads blurb:

Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.
Yeah.
So long happily-ever-after.
Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.
She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.
And that’s only the beginning of the end

Leah is going to be a guest on Operation Awesome this Sunday (19th) in a fab Q&A session. So stop by and write you question for Leah in the comments. She'll be popping in through the day to answer them.

Now the Matched contest results.

A huge thank you to everyone who entered. I wish I'd more copies/money to make everybody a winner, but I hope to have more contests next year.

Enough stalling, time for the winners.

Regina and Falen (Sarah Ahiers).

Congratulations to you both. There should be an email from me (asking for you shipping address) waiting in your inbox.




Now for something sweet.

Knowing how much everyone loves a bit of cake (and judging by the requests for a photo, we all share that sweet tooth), I present the goddaughter's Mickey Mouse birthday cake:


I did nibble on a few of the cuttings after carving, but what's a girl to do when she put chocolate chips in the batter?

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, you made an awesome cake!!

Stina said...

Love the Cake!!!

That cover of Leah's book is awesome. That alone makes me want to check it out. Yep, I such a cover girl.

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Okay, cover LOVE!

Congrats to the winners of Matched!

And MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm! Cake. Mickey Mouse cake. It's beautiful! Well done (and where can I find your cake-decorating blog?)!

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Congrats to the winners!

What a cute cake!!! I'd have nibbled, too. ;-)

Colene Murphy said...

CUTE CAKE!! That is awesome!

Talli Roland said...

Did you make that cake?! Wow!

Congrats to the winners! :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic cake! You are so clever.

Regina said...

Tummy growling for Mickey Cake. Super happy to be a winner. Been holding off buying the book with fingers crossed. This is my first contest that I've won:) I'm so happy. Can't wait to read this book.

Sarah Ahiers said...

yay! I'm so excited i won!

And also, that cake is AMAZING! you got crazy skills!

TL said...

That cake is fantastic, Lindsay! Um, and isn't eating the extra what baking is all about ;-)

Carol Riggs said...

Congrats to the winners, and what a gorgeous cover for A Touch Immortal--and a superb looking cake you ended up with! Good jog, most definitely. :)

Vicki Rocho said...

Congrats to the winners! And it's a pity you don't live closer because I'd TOTALLY be begging you to make me a cake!

Missed Periods said...

Chocolate chips in the batter is the way to my heart. That cake is awesome.

Unknown said...

Gosh the cake looks amazing, the giveaways, look at all the awesome that's happening here!

Just a reminder! Be Jolly By Golly Blog fest is this Monday! Melissa and I look forward to reading your entry!

Jen/Jules
Unedited & Jules and the Stars

B Jas said...

Wicked cake! Terrific blog, this was my first visit...will check back again. Best, @restlessbjas