Thursday 8 April 2010

Books, books, books




























Living in the UK can be annoying for two reasons 1) the weather. Today = nice sun, tomorrow = rain. 2) book releases.

Now I don't rant. I won't bitch about editors, agents or publishers. I know publishing is a slow business and they do their best to get the books to us asap but this year is a good year.

A really good year.

As you can see from the covers above there are a few books I'm looking forward to reading, especially Mockingjay. So, in the age of technology I thank the wonder that is Internet shopping for allowing me to pre-order these books and get them before they come out in the UK.

And breathe.

Are there any books you are looking forward to being released this year.

P.S For the fellow HG fans out there, I'm team Peeta!


























4 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Go, team Peeta! You're right - this has been a very good book year. :-)

Talli Roland said...

Great question! Erm... I'm sure there are plenty but my mind has gone completely blank. As usual.

That's what the gorgeous sun today has done to me! Sun, in London!

Mayowa said...

I might going to read McKewan's latest, Solar. The reviews have been so so but i really enjoyed Atonement so i will give it a shot.

Also like the bit about you not ranting. I rant, a lot, a whole bloody lot hehe. The fact that you don't attracts me to your blog for some reason (might be the ol blog opposites attract thing). Keep up the good work.

Susan Fields said...

We have the exact same weather here in St. Louis - gorgeous one day, hideous the next. I was waiting for Fang by James Patterson to be released, but now it's out and I have it in my hot little hands. I haven't read it yet though - my stack of books waiting to be read is too darn tall!