Friday 20 August 2010

Guess The Character - Day Two: The Big Reveal

Thank you everyone for commenting on yesterday's post to guess what Ava looks like. It was so much fun seeing the different reactions to her. Thank you to Jen for hosting the fun. :) 
So what does Ava look like?

Brown haired, brown eyed. Ava pays little attention to fashion and would rather spend her time reading or doing something else useful. Unlike Poppy, the willowy blonde, she's less certain of her looks having spent years being berated by her mother for not being pretty. She's loyal, shy, and kind hearted but has a fiery streak and is prone to sarcasm (as you may be able to tell from her inner dialogue). Her voice was there from the start when I started her story and, even now, I love to go back and add snippets of her sass into my revisions.

Who was the closest?

Lots of you guessed brown hair and brown eyes. Pretty much most people got she was the opposite of Poppy. Here's some of the guesses that hit the mark.

Vicki:  "She's a bit of a rebel--not wanting to play the same obvious game Poppy excels at. Slightly awkward since she's making up her rules as she goes along.Brown eyes and big feet (don't ask me where that one came from! Maybe I'm just being silly now)"  Me: She doesn't have big feet though. lol.

Roland: "Brown hair simply done. Brown eyes. Medium height. A quiet reserved person might less discerning might overlook for the obvious flirts like Poppy."

Jen:  "Ava is a very good looking girl, she's one that doesn't realize it because Poppy is so disgustingly obvious about hers."

Here's an image I found of her from later in the story (with a bit more attitude, and no less sass) :

Photo by satin_shirt (cc) 

Thanks again to everyone for stopping by and guessing. I'm looking forward to working my way around to meet the other characters.

23 comments:

Vicki Rocho said...

Hey...that last pic...with the boots, don't you think they make her feet LOOK big? *snort* I really don't know where that came from. But I was close! Woo Hoo!

Talli Roland said...

Love the photos! Reading the snippet below, the first photo looks more like how I pictured.

Matthew MacNish said...

What fun! I can't even remember what I guessed but who cares, she looks awesome. Thanks Lindsay.

Today's guest blogger is Renae Mercado!

Unknown said...

Perfect match for your Ava! And, I gotta say her outfit in the second pic is awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I got an honorable mention!!! Woohoo!!! Yours is probably the only one I got right. I'm so pleased with myself *grinning*!

Great character... I loved your snippet yesterday, it was nice getting to read all about everyone's characters!!

Thanks again for your entry!!! :)

Renae said...

Oh I like her! What a fantastic character! I can't wait to read more about her. I love her look in the second picture, well done!

Meredith said...

Yay for sass! Those pics are perfect for her--great reveal!

Summer Ross said...

the first pic gives that sweet but confident look the second, i really like that for this character. well done in image pics. I was wrong, but hey its all good. I still think these goes beautifully with your snippet.

vic caswell said...

oh man! i was kinda close in my mind with this one- but i went heavier!!
shoot! because i guessed Kaya for several other posts!!! grr!!! she's an amazing actress!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Very nice! I can definitely envision that first picture in yesterday's scene.

Jemi Fraser said...

Nice - she works well for the character :)

Susan Fields said...

She works great for this snippet. I just love this character's voice!

Brenda Drake said...

Great character. Love the snippet. I got a few things right. :D

Terry Stonecrop said...

Much sassier in the second photo! Great pics and character with attitude!

Summer Ross said...

I just wanted to let you know there is an award for you at my blog :)

Amie Borst said...

so cool! there's alot of emotion in her eyes. that says a lot.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Great picture! I was way off, lol! ;)

Unknown said...

Nice! She looks likable, rebellious and fun. Sorry I didn't make it in time to guess yesterday!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Finally! Blogger didn't want to let me comment for some reason.

And yes! I finally got close to one guess. Sherlock Holmes is still disgusted with me.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting both days. It means a lot to me. Roland

Talei said...

Brilliant pics! Definitely fits your snippet and description. I love the sass too! ;))

Amparo Ortiz said...

That picture is perfect!! Seriously, I've been imagining someone similar, so I feel super proud to see I was right :)

Whenever I need face help with my characters, I know who to call!

Jessica Bell said...

Great photo choices!!!

Are you a writer? Then you MUST enter this CONTEST!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Great picture! I can totally see that being your character! Have a great weeekend!