Thursday 26 August 2010

M.I.M.A

Yesterday I was M.I.M.A (Missing In Mockingjay Action).

My US copy is still somewhere over the ocean so I went and bought the UK version. Although, in the bookstore, I felt like Katniss trying to hunt it down!

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were both sat on the shelf but not Mockingjay.

I search the teen section...no.
I search the 9-12 section...no.
I thought about looking on the toddler shelves, but that's just ridiculous. :)

I ask the assistant. He searches the same sections and asks someone else who tells me it was embargoed till today. Yeah, I know that but it's the release day. Man goes to look in the back room. I wait.

I wait some more.

My friend is in the fiction section looking for Sophie Hannah books. I'm sure she's laughing at me.

The door creaks open. Kind bookstore man has six copies in his hand. Yay!

I buy my copy (along with the hardback of I Am Number Four) and head off happy. It calls to me from inside the bag to "read me."

But I've promised my friend we'd have food and go to the cinema. I read the first chapter waiting for Inception to come on. Friend laughs some more at me being "...a bookworm."

At 7pm I arrive home and read. I eat my dinner reading. I try to put the book down. I can't.

At 1:35am I finish. A worn out, emotional wreck, trembling at the writing of Suzanne Collins.

For all those yet to read Mockingjay I will NEVER EVER spoil it for you. I promised I wouldn't. I'm just jealous you get to experience it for the first time. :)

Maybe I'll just read it one more time...

11 comments:

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I cannot WAIT to read it, but I just don't have time until I get back to the States... ACK. I haven't read any of the series, but I've heard so much about it recently that I just have to read it. :)

Laura S. said...

I haven't even read the first one yet. I know, I know, and I call myself a voracious reader! I better get on this series so I know what everyone is exclaiming about!

Jemi Fraser said...

I thought I could download a Kindle edition, but when I tried, it's not available in Kindle version... although I've heard some people have them. I've asked for hints on how to get it, but no one has told me yet!

Renae said...

Yay! And you were worried about waiting! I'm halfway through and now at work dying to pull the thing out of my bag and have silent reading all day! Don't think my second graders would appreciate that though!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss lindsay! gosh im sorry you didnt like the book. ha ha. wow you got soooo excited for this book. im glad you liked it. it ok to read books again that you could really like cause you see stuff you maybe didnt see the first time.
...smiles from lenny

Matthew MacNish said...

Lucky you! Sounds awesome.

Talli Roland said...

Glad you got your hands on a copy and that you enjoyed it! :)

Vicki Rocho said...

Been a long time since a book kept me up at night. I pay for it the next day, but what a thrill to find a book worth the sacrifice!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Wow! It is THAT good, huh? I can't wait until my copies arrive. I ordered the whole trilogy at once. Not making the mistake of one-at-a-timing it after the Twilight Disaster of 2008 (had to wait a whole week between books 2 and 3).

Theresa Milstein said...

Good for your for persevering.

I received my copy today... finally! I'm going to try not to get sucked in tonight. I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Hannah said...

Your excitement is bloody catching! Now I want to read them even more than before.