It was a pretty writing free weekend for me. So I decided my post would be on things 10 things I did this weekend. :)
1. Go to a wedding and watch an eleven and eighteen-year-old have a "street dance off" on the dance floor. Think Zoolander meets Footloose/Step Up! If there's any way I can get this into a future wip I am adding it.
2. Stop bridesmaid Goddaughter from eating confetti, leaves, grass...then watch her get more excited by flashing disco lights and balloons than her bridesmaid present. Balloons v teddy bear = no contest.
3. Get a sandwich at 2am because, even thought I ate at the wedding, I was so starving I could have chewed off my arm. Then eat said sandwich doing more plotting on wip.
4. Order Sunday dinner to have most of it stolen by the confetti eating twenty-month-old.
5. Watch said Goddaughter spin herself dizzy in the supermarket...whilst wearing an hand reigns attached to my wrist. I also got very dizzy.
6. Get asked by my dad if I noticed the new plants by the door? I said no...only to realise I walked past said plants four times the day before and didn't see them. Yes, my powers of observation suck!
7. Check email and get excited that my pre-ordered copy of MOCKINGJAY has been dispatched. *Note: I love you all, but if anyone spoils it for me I WILL CRY!
8. Five minutes later I realise my Paranormalcy and Clockwork Angel copies will be dispatched by the end of the week. *squee*
9. Watch two grown men -- brother and father -- trying to mend electric screwdrivers on the kitchen table in a bizarre "I can fix it quicker contest."
10. Go to bed and get another character screaming an idea for a plot. Get up, write it down, go back to sleep.
That was my weekend. How was yours?