Tuesday 24 August 2010

Today Is The Day!

Today is Mockingjay day....for you guys in the States. I have one day to go. ONE FREAKING DAY!!!!!



Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12.

I know the excitement on the blogosphere has reached fever pitch. The tweets from the midnight release parties (not that I'm jealous...grrrr) and excited blog posts attest to that. I'm anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy from the US, but I may relent and head off to the bookshop tomorrow to pick up the UK copy too. Who am I kidding? I'll be outside the doors before they open.

Now, because you are all awesome, I know you guys would never do this...ever! It has already been blogged, tweeted, and said by the awesome Suzanne Collins herself...but here it is one more time.

Please don't ruin Mockingjay by posting spoilers!

I say this with love, and fear, since Amparo, one of my fab CP's, happened across a tweet spoiler by accident yesterday. Grrr.

That is all. :)

12 comments:

angelarene said...

Hey Lindsay!! I know a lot of Mockingjay fans are so worried about spoilers that until they're done reading they're staying off the internet!

I'm excited for the book too :)

Jaydee Morgan said...

Spoilers are the worst!

Hannah said...

I have not read any of these so...I'm excited for you. :D

Theresa Milstein said...

Last night, I read to avoid GoodReads because there are spoilers on there. Why do people insist on doing that? When Harry Potter 7 came out, I was on media blackout until I finished the book. I read it in a day because I was so paranoid it would get ruined for me.

My copy of Mockingjay still hasn't arrived. I'm very excited!

Unknown said...

I hear you--I won't have time to read Mockingjay until next week, so I don't want to hear anything about it! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm afraid to even look at Twitter today :)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss theresa! ok so heres how it ends... gotcha ha ha. wow i could hear your soooo excited for this book. i hope you like it lots.
...hugs from lenny

Talli Roland said...

It is indeed a fever pitch! All over Twitter and the blogosphere - enjoy!

Talei said...

Wow - can I put my hand up and confess to not knowing about this book until now? I know, I know... Its truly amazing the press write-ups right now, I have to get my hands on a copy of the trilogy!! ;)

Kimberly Franklin said...

I bought my copy during lunch today and read the first chapter. Can't wait to read more!!!

Vicki Rocho said...

Haven't read any of this series yet, so no spoilers from me, LOL.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all enjoyed the same crazy buzz for one of our releases?

Christina Lee said...

Sigh, no delivery of my copy yet --soo looking forward to it!