Wednesday 4 August 2010

Headaches Are Like Writers Block.

Okay, apologies yesterday's lack of post due to a evil night before of the migraine/headache from hell.

This is why I tell myself I should write my posts in advance.

What can I say? I'm a pantser.

As I lay in bed with my head pounding like feet on stage during Riverdance my mind turned to writing.

I really don't get how it does that!

To put a positive spin on my evil head I decided a headache is like writers block.

The dull throb behind your eyes which drives you insane enough to snap at anyone that comes close. You sigh, groan and close your eyes hoping, when you open them, inspiration will strike. In reality the room spins and you knock back a couple of paracetamol (or chocolate in the w/block case) and wait for some sweet relief.

You eventually get to sleep (or procrastinate in w/block). The next morning you wake up groggy, but positive, and begin your day with a huge cup of tea. The head pounding/block has passed.

The new day dawns and a word document of possibility waits. :)

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I suffer from migraines too, and your post has given me a new perspective..lol

JE said...

Glad you are feeling better! Headaches make me want to bash the whole world...it's not pretty. ;-)

~JD

Lola Sharp said...

Oh I'm so sorry you suffered a migraine yesterday. :(
*knock wood* I've never had a really bad headache. But I hear they are dreadful, even make people throw up.

I'm glad you're feeling better today.

I pants my blog posts too. I've never prewritten one yet.

Pantsers unite. :)

Happy Humpday!
Love,
Lola

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear that you had a migraine. I know how painful and frustratingly disabling they can be.

Good to hear that you're feeling better and are ready for today's challenges! :)

Christina Lee said...

good analogy--glad it's passed!

Jaydee Morgan said...

Glad your migraine has passed - but that's a good way of looking at it.

Jemi Fraser said...

I have friends and family members who suffer from migraines - they are nasty! Hope yours stay away.

Good analogy :)

Renae said...

Glad your migraine has passed. They are nasty. Hope it stays away!

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like my week... :)

Glad you feel better. I hate migraines!

Lydia Kang said...

I hate migraines. Don't get them very often, but when I do, it's just awful.
It's so cute how you guys say "paracetemol" instead of "acetaminophin"!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Ugh, I hate headaches. And writer's block. Hope they both stay away!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Headaches are the worst! They are possibly even worse than writer's block. Great analogy! I hope you're feeling way better today.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've got a headache, but I'm glad you're feeling better now. :)

And the analogy between headaches and writer's block is such an apt one!

Theresa Milstein said...

I don't write my posts in advance much either. We're both pansters!

Sorry you had a to suffer through a headache. Glad you're better.

Samantha Bennett said...

This analogy so works! And explains why I always crave fresh air during writers block.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Migraines are no fun. At all. I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Unknown said...

Glad to know you are doing better! I hate migraines! I take medication for them and that sometimes doesn't even help so I know what a nightmare they can be!!!

WritingNut said...

Aye, I get those migraines too :( I'm really glad it passed.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I suffer migraine. Sorry to hear you do, too. In the grips of a bad headache, it's the single most horrible thing in the world.

Feel better!

Susan Fields said...

It's sounds like you're feeling better now? I hope so!

Amie Borst said...

yuck. i suffer from complicated migraines (the kind that cause seizures) so i can totally relate. bleh. no fun at all.

hope you're feeling better now!